Friday, February 15, 2008

Electronic Payment Processing Systems Compared

The following is a side-by-side comparison of Mpayy with its electronic payments processing competitors.



It is certainly possible to feel this is biased towards Mpayy, as is my tendency. However, this highlights design decisions that were made in constructing the application.

For consumers, Mpayy created a multi-channel application (online, mobile, social networking, and internet retail partner sites). Further, consistently, Cash Back is the highest ranked reward by consumers. Mpayy provides 1% Cash Back on Purchase amounts over $50, and will provide soft dollar rewards that can be used as cash based on balances stored in the application. That is coming in the next few months.

For Merchants, the primary concerns were the price and security. The MOST expensive Mpayy will be is $0.20 + 2.00%. Google Checkout is offering that price, and we will certainly go below it with the right internet retailer partner or for PeSA and ECMTA members should they approve us. However, Mpayy also takes 100% of the fraud liability, not so with Google Checkout, and provides merchants with guaranteed payments, which GC does not.

On site integration, PayPal and Google Checkout provide relatively extensive API's to integrate to, and Google Checkout requires merchants to maintain their SKU's within the application, which is not practical as the size of the merchant grows. Mpayy's simple session transfer can be developed to within hours, and the AJAX Checkout window will be packaged up and plug and play when it launches as well.

6 comments:

purple_reading_giraffe said...

Nice look, but I have a suggestion: Use your screen real estate more effectively. I would make the links on the right area about 30% narrower and widen the "meat". Also a little slow for dial-up with all the 'prettiness'.

Re the chart & PayPal - I have seen several people mention 1.5% back using their credit card - I would consider that a Transaction Reward.

I hope you plan to take a smaller cut than PayPal does on transfers into a Broad Account from another mpayy account holder. Considering it's a cash transfer, I always thought PayPal taking the full percentage that they do on a retail payment is overly greedy (there's not likely to be a charge back as there are no goods involved). The main thing I use this for is to give my son money - think about it.

Not clear what you mean by 0% Fraud.

I would suggest pursuing International as a higher priority considering the current state of things, and because I think eBid is likeliest to be a large eBay competitor.

I don't see PPPay, which I gather is the UK PayPal? Free advertising for some of your competitors that I had not heard of until your picture. (Not that I've looked yet.)

Thanks for the info!

purple_reading_giraffe said...

On second thought - Ignore the first paragraph. Not being a blogger, I didn't realize right away that this wasn't on your own site where you would have control of these issues.

sajal said...

Dear Mr. VP. I came to your blog thru another website.. saw the awesome comparison comparing your services to other payment solutions. I went to Mpayy site and all I could find was 100% marketing BS. Went thru few pages... still confused is it what I am looking for? what does this do? How does this work? Am i eligible to use it? Can I use it for a project I am planing? How will my customers pay? How and when will I get the money?

Definitely not worth my time. In case there was such documentation available from before hand and I missed it then please ignore my comment and I am stupid.

morgianmen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
morgianmen said...

I consistently anticipation demography the abounding allotment that they do on a retail transaction is ever greedy. The capital affair I use this for is to accord my son money - anticipate about it.

xbox 360 slim

Unknown said...

Our changed online portion entryway plans can make advancement in arrangements techniques and a more straightforward customer experience for your clients. Here are conceivable outcomes for Visa portion courses of action, charge card taking care of game plans, electronic payment solutions and all inclusive portion game plans.